Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe key design and management considerations for green roofs and walls;
- Design green roofs/walls using performance-based criteria and specifications;
- Assess green roof and wall performance through a framework of design and management;
- Evaluate international green roof and wall guidelines, specifications and standards;
- Discuss management and maintenance of green roof and walls;
- Develop a management plan for either a green roof or wall.
The Specialist Certificate in Green Roofs and Walls will provide you with a thorough understanding and knowledge of green roofs and walls through analysis and evaluation of current research and advances in: policy and planning; design and specification; implementation and construction; monitoring and management.
Delivered through two intensive subjects, you will gain hands-on experience in substrate and plant selection and how design choices influence performance, management and maintenance. Case-studies and lectures by leading professionals and researchers will give you exposure to a broad range of projects and applications and a thorough understanding of how design influences function.
Note: This program is not open to international students who require a student visa to study in Australia.