The University of Melbourne is ranked number 15 in the world for the study of environmental science (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016 – Environmental Sciences). The Master of Environmental Science is designed for students with existing undergraduate studies in the life, chemical, earth or environmental sciences to extend their scientific knowledge of environmental problems, and to facilitate the development of professional scientific skills in environmental problem solving.
You will have the flexibility to develop your own interests by selecting from a broad range of coursework subjects. You will undertake high-level and intensive study in your chosen area, as well as building complementary professional skills in the areas of communication, business and science application. The Master of Environmental Science is a newly-established course and will be first available to students in 2017.
As a graduate of this program, you may enjoy a rewarding career as a:
- Geological modeller/Basin analyst
- Geotechnical laboratory operator/manager
- Geotechnical field technician
- Well site geologist
- Project manager
- Environmental planner/GIS specialist
- Mine site rehabilitation specialist
- Environmental impact assessor
- Environmental regulation specialist
- Environmental policy developer